Wednesday, August 19, 2009

StyleMePretty Inspiration Board


Style Me Pretty recently launched their 'Style Circle' which is awesome! I adore it. Their inspiration board builder is fantastic, in fact, I'm re-posting it here! I apologize if it is a bit small, so head on over to SMP to check it out!
When I think of a historical space, like the St. James Hotel where I work, I think of richness and decadence. But I've seen the 'historical' aspect go too far to the point of an "old timey photograph" -- the kind where no one smiles. This dress has a few frills that resemble a traditional petticoat and corset. My idea of 'historically chic' is: always structured at the core, but frosted with lace, gargoyles or any other kind of decor. At its base is a simple shape, flower or silhouette, but it is layered with beautiful embellishments.

No comments:

Post a Comment