Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My first show!

So, this past weekend was my first wedding show. It was down in West Des Moines, IA. I went to college in Iowa (Luther!) so I will of course enjoy any trip to the old IA. We were down at the Hy-Vee Conference Center. What a great space - huge! I also met some great people!

I never realized how crowded those things get. Truthfully, I felt bad for the brides, wandering aimlessly in hopes of finding their perfect wedding hidden among booths of various vendors. I also didn't realize how big some people do their booths. I was feeling a little empty in my booth, all by myself, alone with my pamphlets. But then, my friend Sam showed up! It was a wonderful surprise to see a familiar face!

It was definitely a learning experience - now I know what to expect for the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment