Thursday, February 11, 2010

I Love Letterpress

Who had two thumbs and LOVE letterpress??

THIS GIRL.

I recently was at a book signing held at the beautiful Monique Lhuillier salon in Edina. (Please see beautiful dresses below!)


The book signing was for the new book Weddings by Tara Guerard, photographed by Liz Banfield. First off, the book is spectacular. Not only is the photography phenomenal - as usual - but Tara has many wonderful tips about throwing absolutely wonderful events. I thoroughly enjoyed every single page of this fantastic book.

As a favor, each person received the most beautiful letterpress thank you notes from The Lettered Olive. While I've always known that letterpress is a beautiful form of the written word, I don't think I ever appreciated letterpress the way it should be appreciated.


The touch of it is wonderful. Running your fingers over the indented design. The paper is soft and thick. It truly is heaven in the form of paper!


Which eventually led me to my latest impulse purchase: an L Letterpress Kit from Lifestyle Crafts.
Needless to say, I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my brand new letterpress. And then...let me tell you what...EVERYONE is getting a hand-written note from me on a beautiful custom letterpress note.

Oh, and stay tuned for pictures of my letterpress designs.

1 comment:

  1. Hope I'm the recipient of one of those sumptuous sounding notes. Looking forward to some first hand demos & details!

    ReplyDelete