Saturday, April 24, 2010

Elbow Grease

We have this old candelabra here at the St. James Hotel. Last week it looked like this.
I can't quite figure out where this lovely piece came from, or how old it actually is. I decided that this would be a lovely centerpiece for the head table at the wedding tonight. The wedding is having simple candles & mirrors on the table for a classy & elegant look. I thought the candelabra would add a nice touch to the special table.

However, as you can plainly see...it definitely looks aged. It also had wax all over every nook & cranny (of which there are many.) So I decided to give it a go and see what I could do for this poor old candelabra.

And let me tell you what! With just a little silver polish & some elbow grease, its looking wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment